Oh what a night!
More than 12 months ago, one man had a dream ….. a music themed trivia night. Not only would it be fun, but he insisted it would bring money for the school. Month after month he raised his idea at the school’s fundraising committee meetings only to be told, “One day Sacha, one day ….”.
On Saturday night, Sacha’s dream was realised. The theme was ‘80s, the fashion was extreme and the crowd was raring to go. Among the fun and frivolity, the biggest winner is our school. We raised $9000, which absolutely exceeded expectations. Definitely a triumph!
So a big shout out and “thank you” to Sacha Sullivan (aka Mr Run DMC on the mic) who’s enthusiasm for the night was contagious. And whilst we know that everyone was keen to help and support the night, we would like to make mention of those without whom the night would not have been such a success. The list is long, and our appreciation ever-grateful:
· Jackie Monteith(Sullivan) and Sharyn Johnston, (aka as the “prize angels”) for gathering all the prizes
· Kylie Gilson, Sharyn Johnston, Megan Ferguson and Jackie Monteith (Sullivan) for packaging up all the prizes
· Leigh Burgess for the designing the template for the powerpoint and on-going technical support
· Damian Vernon for sound and technical support
· Dan Leonard for lighting and styling the muliti
· The fundraising committee led by indefatigable Prez Kylie Gilson
· Set up and running of the night – Megan Ferguson, Jackie Monteith (Sullivan), Colleen Forward and Kylie Gilson.
· The Sunday cleanup crew – Kylie Gilson, Megan Ferguson, Lilly Markovic, Shauna King, Colleen Forward, Sacha Sullivan, Jackie Monteith (Sullivan), Phil Cuthbert, Damian Vernon, Kirsten Vernon, Leigh Burgess, Brad Forward and all the kids who helped especially Elsa Leonard
· The McPeake, Mikulcic, Common (Discipline) and Gilson Families for donating the bulk of the major auction prize
· Those who donated or purchased prizes on the night (list of donators below….. please support the businesses who supported us
· The all-star band of Dave Larkin, Jerome Higgins and ex-student Phil
· Scott Allison for auctioneering on the night
· Julie Francis for co-ordinating ticket sales, staying until late and taking payments at the end of the night, printing what was needed and ……just being exceptionally accommodating.
· James Edge (Ferny Creek Primary School Fundraising Committee) for lights and moral support leading up to the event
· Michelle Lawrence for the designing the event’s poster
· Colleen Forward for her amazing record bowls and stand table decorations
…..And of course, a huge thank you to the Mt Dandy school community for supporting the event with such energy and spirit.
Beauty in Sassafras
Bell Real Estate
Chemist Warehouse Ferntree Gully
Chemist Warehouse Knoxfield
Claws n Paws
Divine Gift Olinda
Little Chips Handcrafts
Malvern Natural Health
Monbulk Aquatic Centre
Mountain Ash Gifts
Olga’s Sweet Treats
Olinda Ferny Creek Football Club
Olinda Fish Cafe
Outdoor adventure Families V Wild
Paws and Claws
Quirky and the Jakster
Soap Opera Olinda
Stockdale and Leggo
Sullivan Property Services
The Deli Platter Restaurant
The Organic Fanatic
The Real Thing Olinda
The Sassafras sweets co
The Wine Rack
Tree adventure Belgrave
Wine by Sam – Dan Blenkiron
Yarra Rangers Vet