Mount Dandenong Primary School’s vision is to support the development of the whole child by inspiring a passion for life-long learning. Our students are creative, curious and critical thinkers who are open to new ideas.
Mount Dandenong Primary School values our unique environment and close community. It is a place for creative opportunities and academic excellence, nurturing respect, happiness and independence. We support children’s learning by emphasising the importance of independent thinking and supporting children’s resilience to challenge and change. We emphasise the creative arts and creative thinking. We celebrate our connection to country and the environment. We acknowledge the context of community at our school, where the local people and environment play a vital role in sustaining future generations. We value and nurture the individuality of each child to reach their goals through inquiry and academic rigour.
Mount Dandenong Primary School’s objective is to support each child throughout their discovery of learning within a safe and nurturing environment. We promote:
- A love of learning and curiosity
- All children achieving to their full potential; academically, socially, emotionally, physically and artistically
- A highly developed sense of belonging to both school and the community
- Confidence, compassion and the ability to get along with and accept others
- Valuing and respecting diversity in order to enrich our school