At Mount Dandenong Primary School we pride ourselves on the Performing Arts and the creativeness we can instill in students. Each year students have an opportunity to perfect with their grade on stage, Year 6’s gain confidence in their end of year productions and we look forward to showcasing dance and creative drama through our end of year concert where all students have an opportunity to perform.
Mt Dandenong Primary School OSHC offers both Before School Care (BSC) & After School Care (ASC).
These services are Australian Government approved therefore all families are eligible to apply for Child Care Benefit (CCB). CCB is a payment made to families via the Family Assistance Office (FAO) to assist with the cost of child care.
Hours of operation
Before School Care 7:o0am – 8:45am. After School Care 3:30pm – 6:15pm. How to book Families who wish to use the OSHC program need to complete an enrolment with Oshclub at www.oshclub.com.au Bookings are them made using the online booking system. On the day bookings can be made by leaving a message on 0419 915 649
Multi Purpose Room Mt Dandenong Primary School Farndons Road Mount Dandenong 3767 PH: 9751 1136 Emergency Contact MOB: 0419 915 649
Mt Dandenong Primary School OSHC program is closed: •During school vacations •On pupil free days •For all gazetted Public Holidays – Australia Day, Labour Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday and Cup Day. •On Code Red fire danger days
Cost varies according Rebate and CCB. Full Fee: Before School $16.00 After School $19.85
The aim of this program is to impart a love and enthusiasm of music, dance and drama in a non-threatening and fun environment. Your child will leave this school with greater confidence and with musical skills that will last a lifetime.
All children receive a 1 hour classroom music lesson each week. Here they learn to play a variety of instruments during their Primary years. African drums, recorder, ukulele, marimbas, keyboard, guitar and percussion are some of the instruments introduced to children at various levels. By the end of Grade Six, most children should be able to read music and play a variety of instruments. Drama and musical games, dance, singing and percussion work are other activities included in the classroom music program.
In addition, there are opportunities for children to join one of the following performance groups which meet either before school or at lunchtime.
Please note that there is a requirement that any child selected for these performance groups must make a commitment for the duration of the year in attending both rehearsals and performances.
- School Performance Groups Vocal Ensemble are a group of very talented singers from Grades 4-6 who perform regularly throughout the year. Children are selected by audition, rehearse weekly and perform at various community events throughout the year.
- School Orchestra performs most Monday afternoons during afternoon assembly time, as well as performing throughout the year. Any child who learns an instrument either at school or outside of school and who has some experience is eligible to attend.
- “Jamming with the Juniors!” Terms 1 and 2. This is for Grade 1 and 2 children who love to sing/dance with others in an informal group. Rehearsals are every second week during lunchtime.
- “The Super Senior Singers” : Terms 3 and 4.This is for anyone from Grades 3-6 who love to sing! Rehearsals are every second week during lunchtime.
- Private instrumental lessons are available during school time for flute, guitar, piano, violin and advanced recorder. Contact the office for further details.
- Concerts and Performances: Highlights include the Chestnut Festival, Busking and Talent Night, Monbulk Recorder Concert, Music Count Us In-whole school singing event, Vocal Ensemble City Excursion and performance, Musical Soiree Evening, William Angliss Remembering at Christmas Service, CFA Carols on the Mountain performance, Presentation Night, Christmas Music Assembly, as well as opportunities to perform in Grade Assemblies each term.
The Easter Hat Parade is a popular yearly event at Mount Dandenong Primary School. Each year students are suggested a number of categories to enter related to Curriculum areas, and children are encourage to work with parents to create a fantastic hat to illustrate their knowledge and understanding. This is a fun event enjoyed by teachers, students and parents alike.
Welcome to Mt Dandenong Primary School
Mount Dandenong 3767
Telephone —(03) 9751 1136
Fax — (03) 9751 2332
9:00am – 11:00am: Morning Programs
11:00am – 11:30am: Recess
11:30am – 1.30PM: Programs continue
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Lunch Time
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Afternoon Programs
At Mount Dandenong Primary School we are very proud of our students, staff, classroom programs and facilities. Every day is an open day. For a personal school tour please click on the link above or contact our office to book in a suitable time.